Tuesday 13 May 2014

Chocolate Mousse with Raspberries



I used to make this a fair bit a while ago, but had forgotten all about it until I was looking through my old food photos trying to get inspirations for what to cook this week. This really does taste too good to be diet food, but trust me, there are only 3½ syns in each portion.



This is what you do for two people:

250g fat free fromage frais
6 tbsp cocoa powder
sweetener to taste
2 egg whites
fresh and/or frozen raspberries – I used both
3 tbsp low fat spray cream
a few sprinkles of caramelised buckwheat to decorate

Mix the cocoa powder with the fromage frais and add sweetener to taste. You might need quite a lot as cocoa powder is quite bitter and fromage frais rather tart.

Whisk up the egg whites until soft peaks form and gently fold in the fromage frais mixture. Spoon in to tall glasses and add the raspberries on top. Spray with cream and decorate with caramelised buckwheat.

I have served this a couple of times at dinner parties and my guests said they would never have guessed that the mousse was diet friendly. Try it for yourself and see. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment