Monday 18 June 2012


Cinnamon Oat Pancakes with Balsamic Strawberries




It seems everywhere I look on the net is a recipe for balsamic strawberries, and I feel that I have been missing out as I have yet to try this so-called delicacy. Until this morning that it. They were nice, but not that special, so I can't really see what all the fuss is about. I would do them again, but they didn't have the 'wow' factor I was imagining. Oh well.

On one of the slimming forums on the net I found a recipe for oat pancakes, which I amended slightly to suit the Slimming World plan. You can use whatever flavour of yogurt you fancy (checking the syn value of course), and vary the fruit too. Next time I think I will make them using toffee yogurt and serve with sliced bananas. The oat cakes would make a nice dessert too, served with some fat free fromage frais or sweetened/flavoured quark.



Serves 2
Syn Free on Extra Easy providing you use the oats as your Healthy Extra B

For the Oat Cakes
70g rolled oats
tub fat free yogurt
1 tsp cinnamon
sweetener to taste
4 eggs
2 tbsp water
½ tsp vanilla extract

For the Balsamic Strawberries
punnet of strawberries
1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
3-4 tbsp sweetener
a little freshly ground black pepper



Hull and halve the strawberries. Sprinkle with the sweetener and leave to infuse before adding the vinegar and pepper.
  
Place the oats in a bowl with the yogurt, the sweetener, cinnamon, vanilla essence and a little water. Leave for several hours or overnight to soak.

When ready to cook, add the eggs to the oats, stirring to ensure they are well mixed. Heat a little Fry Light in a pan and add the oat mixture to cook a few minutes each side like pancakes. . You can either cook them as small individual pancakes using cooking rings, or as one large one using a small frying pan. I did both this morning as there was way too much mixture to go in the four rings I had.




No comments:

Post a Comment