Sweet Potato Bubble and Squeak
Again, this is not a recipe as such, just a suggestion of what you can do with some leftover vegetables for breakfast.
Bubble and squeak is so good in so many ways:
- uses up lots of leftover vegetables
- is syn free
- ensures you get plenty of superfree in with your breakfast
- gives you a filling breakfast without using your Healthy Extras
- tastes good
- can suit vegetarian or carnivore depending on what you serve with it
- is very healthy as no extra fat is added
I used sweet potatoes for this one, but most potatoes will do. In a large bowl I placed
steamed green beans, chopped
roasted red onion
mashing it all up with a potato masher. Grease four cooking rings and place on a greased oven tray. Press the vegetable mash into the rings and smooth off the top. Spray with a little Fry Light and bake at 220°C for 10 minutes or so until nicely browned. Serve with grilled bacon and tomato, or some poached eggs if you like.