Sunday 29 July 2012


Eplegrøt med Melk




This is one of the happy memories from childhood food in Norway – apple compote with milk. I was reading this morning how much goodness there is in the apple skin, so I left it on for this recipe – I think it would probably be nicer removing it. At my home when I grew up, we would crush up some rusks to serve with this too, but obviously that would add to the syn value.

Serves 3
3½ syns on Extra easy

3 large cooking apples, peeled and cored
sweetener and cinnamon to taste
3 tbsp corflour
milk to serve from your Healthy Extra A allowance 

 

Chop the apples finely and place in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Add sweetener and cinnamon to taste. Gently simmer until the apples are cooked through but still retaining some shape. Mix the cornflour with a little cold water, and add to the apples, stirring for a few minutes until it has thickened. The grøt should be served warm, not hot, with cold milk. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment