Friday 17 August 2012

Cauliflower Soup


My mum used to often make cauliflower soup when I was a kid, and I have always loved it. She would thicken it through the roux method of course, but trying to keep it syn free, this is not an option for me. My mum also used to buy a glass jar of baby food containing miniature meatballs which she would add to the soup. I have been known to chop up some chipolatas into it, a very good combination, but today I didn't have any so the soup was naked. 

 

Serves 2
Syn Free on Extra Easy

½ large cauliflower
1 litre water
1 tbsp bouillon powder
2 egg yolks

Cut the cauliflower into florets, and boil in the water with bouillon powder added until very soft. Using a potato masher, squash the cauliflower until roughly mashed. Take off the heat and allow to cool ever so slightly. Give the egg yolks a little whisk with a fork and add to the soup while stirring continuously and vigorously. Serve immediately. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment