Friday 3 August 2012


Mixed Onion and Tomato Pasta




I had a little accident in the greenhouse today, one of the chilli plants became top heavy and toppled over onto the floor, breaking off a branch in the process. There were four unripe chillies on the branch, so I had to find a dish to add them to. My first dish cooked with my own, home-grown chillies! Not knowing the strength of the Goat Horn chilli, I only risked one in the dish – but wish I'd used more, as it was very mild.



Serves 2
Syn Free on Extra Easy

1 onion, chopped
1 leek, sliced
4-5 shallots, sliced
1 tin chopped tomatoes
200ml passata
1 tsp bouillon powder
1 chilli, chopped
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
150g pasta shapes
fresh basil to serve

Sauté the onion, leeks, shallots and chilli in Fry Light until soft. Add the tomatoes, passata, herbs and bouillon powder and simmer for a few minutes. Meanwhile, boil the pasta until cooked to your liking. Stir the pasta in the sauce and serve sprinkled with a little fresh basil. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment