Tuesday 7 August 2012

Feta Cheese Pannacotta


When I first saw a recipe for a savoury cheese pannacotta, I really wasn't sure how I felt about that concept, but as I had some feta cheese (the original recipe used goat's cheese and was way more complicated), I thought I'd give it a go. I am all for new taste experiences. I am so glad I did, as it was delicious! The saltiness of the feta went really well with the lentils and vegetables. As soon as the pannacotta hits the hot lentils it starts to melt, so make sure you serve it immediately. You could also serve the whole dish cold as a salad. 

 

Serves 2
Syn Free on Extra Easy*

* Providing you use the cheese as your Healthy Extra A

100g feta cheese
1 tub fat free plain yogurt
1 sachet gelatine crystals
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
1 cup puy lentils
1 onion, chopped
1 leek, sliced
100g spinach
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (the finely chopped variety)
1 tbsp bouillon powder

Melt the cheese in the microwave or on the stove. Mix the gelatine with 100ml boiling water and add the hot cheese. Stir thoroughly. Gradually mix in the yogurt until really smooth and add the herbs. Pour mixture into two individual moulds and leave in the fridge to set for at least two hours.

Meanwhile, sauté the onion and leek in Fry Light for a few minutes, then add the lentils, mixed vegetables and bouillon powder with 3 cups of water. Simmer for 20-25 minutes until the lentils are cooked to your liking. Add the spinach and stir until it has wilted. Serve the lentil and vegetable mix topped with the inverted pannacotta. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment