Thursday 23 August 2012

Steamed Pork Cups




This is my adaptation of a Thai recipe – substituting coconut flavoured yogurt for coconut milk and sweetener for palm sugar to make the recipe more Slimming World friendly. I used a chilli from my Aji Hot plant for this, and was disappointed by how mild it was, so next time I will increase the quantity.



Serves 2
Syn Free on Extra Easy

250g extra lean minced pork
½ tub Müllerlight coconut and vanilla yogurt
4 spring onions, chopped
juice of half a lime
1 tsp sweetener
1 chilli, chopped
handful coriander leaves, chopped
1 egg
stir fried vegetables to serve



Blend or process the pork, yogurt, spring onions, lime juice, sweetener, chilli and coriander leaves until combined. Transfer the mixture to a bowl. In another bowl, beat the egg until thick and creamy and fold into the pork mixture. 

 

Spoon the mixture into 4-6 small cups – I found the Chinese tea cups perfect size for this, but egg cups would be a good alternative. Steam the cups in a bamboo or electric steamer for 20 minutes until cooked through. Serve with stir fried vegetables of your choice – I used a packet of ready cup vegetables as I knew I was going out for the day and wouldn't have much time when I got back. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment