Thursday 23 August 2012

Ramen Noodle Soup




This is loosely based on a traditional Japanese recipe – I struggled big time to find a recipe on line that used plain ramen noodles rather than those already flavoured with a soup mix, so I made my own recipe up, based on what I had in the fridge as well as some information I found on Wikipedia. 

 

Serves 2
Syn Free on Extra Easy

ca 100 g plain ramen noodles (the packet was 250g and I used 1/3.)
2 small pork steaks, all fat removed, grilled and thinly sliced
knob of ginger, cut into julienne strips
½ savoy cabbage, finely shredded
handful fresh coriander leaves, chopped
soy sauce to taste



Sauté the ginger in Fry Light for a few minutes, then add 1 litre of water, the cabbage and soy sauce to taste. Simmer for 5, add the noodles and continue to cook for a few more minutes until the noodles are tender. Add the coriander leaves, taste and re-adjust the seasoning if necessary. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment